Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

HELP! Can You Identify The Metal Artist?

In 2005 - A Metal Artist sent this piece as a gift - I didn't keep his name or address. Several people after seeing the work, want to get copies for their home/ offices. Do you know the artist? He contacted me in 2005, after reading about the BLENKO PROJECT on line, then sent the metal art to my home in Morgantown. Solomon DVM and several other readers want to purchase this metal art Blenko. If you have access to the artist address or website let us know. The only detail I recall is the name Axel. Thanks Hillary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the medium Copper?

Anonymous said...

Hillary
If the cost isn't too high
I'd like one also I am sending my email address to Blenkoproject.
Margie

Anonymous said...

The artist maybe Bob Axel
from charleston South carolina
He was my art teacher in the
early 80s.
Give USC a call to get an address
or # for him.
T. Brody

andreendo said...

Hillary
I can make something very similar to this - send me photos or drawings of the old Blenko
I'll do it for free. Then you can blog about me.
AE