Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

SEARCHING FOR GOOD KARMA- BUY BLENKO!

"Your problem isn't karma, Sheldon, it's attitude!" "Well, Lonnie, maybe it's attitudinal karma !" ?Anonymous from a off broadway play - can't remember the name.


I always say " BUY BLENKO - for GOOD KARMA!" It (Blenko) has been around for a long time - always doing good.

Did you ever think about KARMA - this time last week - my vet and a pet spa were rescusing me - this afternoon A DEP engineer. My first thoughts were about 'bad luck.'

When in reality my 'luck' is very good. Good Samaritians (angels) always appear in the few times of crisis.


Karma - today another angel entered my life . a DEP engineer, . . . . . .while returning from a visit to my Popaw (90 miles away in Southern WV) my rear tire blew. The tire is less than a year old, and has under 9 K. Strange! After pulling to the curb, we phoned AAA (auto Club) they estimated the wait to be between 90 - 130 minutes - it was HOT 90+ degrees. After about 10 minutes, the
good Samaritan Mr. Dan Bayes, Department of Environmental Protection employee drove up. He quickly assessed the problem. Asked if I had a spare, if he could replace the tire. Then suggested I drive 'slowly' to the service station for air. When we arrived at the station. Mr. Bayes was sitting there, " Just wanted to make sure you'll were safe." He then rode off in his large white truck.

While AAA would have arrived it was nice not to wait the 90 additional minutes. My schedule wasn't really altered by the 'blowout'. I returned to Charleston in time for dinner at Quaker Steak and Lube (a first for me) with my friends.

On my next break from school I plan to enroll in a "powder puff' mechanic course, so I might change my own tire and/or perhaps offer assistance to someone else in distress. hjh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hills
I can teach you to
change a tire
If you haven't signed up
b 4 I come home.
Paul Jordan
You sholdn't accept help from
strangers! It could be dangerous.

Anonymous said...

Hillary
did this knight on white
truck collect Blenko? Did you
invite him to the Convention?
Suzi Evans

Heart of Glass said...

Suzi
Blenko wasn't a topic of
conversation. I am today
baking an apple cake for him/ which my Dad will deliver on Monday.
When you have more news of the Conference share it with our blog.
HJH

Anonymous said...

your idea of karma
is not right
but you will 'never' have
bad karma
trust me
on this.

Anonymous said...

Hilery
Excellent cake. Thank you!
Many pppl have comment on
my name in the blog. I didn't expect to be famous when I fixed your flat.
DB