Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Readers Questions - Why Blenko?

Hilary why are you so obsessed with Blenko tableware? Ikea and Home Goods have same thing for less $$$.
Sol

I grew up in a family where we believed, Food is God -Serving food is a spiritual practice. Even today, I don't eat with people I don't care for. I try to serve the best possible food on beautiful BLENKO GLASS ( www.blenkoglass.com or www.blenkoproject.org ) for me there is nothing more special than eating with people I care about. It brings me great happiness. Serving on BLENKO makes every occasion a bit more special. I enjoy knowing my glass is handmade, and made by a local person. Not in a sweat shop by people being used or in pain.
For me and my family, and most of my friends. BUYING MADE IN THE USA is important. Buying handcrafted, long lasting items can assist with saving the planet, saving American jobs and perhaps your inner peace.
Now aren't you sorry you ask me? hjh

*photo courtesy of the Blenko Museum

No comments: