Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

THE SPLURGE

The Splurge! Do you know your partner or best friend well enough to know what they would splurge on? If not find out this week!

For everyone its different! This weekend - at The Glass Arts Society Conference we were discussing Splurge spending - for some its a weekend away, a new blow pipe, an expensive piece of art, a great dress, a coveted piece of jewelry, roses, a new bichon, when it was my turn I didn't even have to think for 2 seconds - the answer was a RED LEATHER LONGCHAMP (weekender)**Not that I need this bag - I have perfectly good Nantucket Navy matching luggage. But the discussion was SPLURGE.

The twelve people at our table all friends yet no one correctly guessed the 'splurge' item.

I have a long list of vintage BLENKO that I covet and a dozen people who know I want these items - yet - the SPLURGE wasn't the BLENKO.

Perhaps this is a good week to dig into the pockets of your mind or where ever we keep those little hidden thoughts and bring them out - allowing others to know what your hopes and wishes are. Allowing others to become aware of our goals, (not just for splurge spending) but our goals in life - makes for an easier journey. Sharing hopes, dreams, ideas, problems, cares, concerns, isn't a new concept.

This week I got an email from one my friends in Texas who comments that another friend was not feeling good and might like getting some cards or emails from friends. This concept of sharing - sharing our HOPES . . . .sharing our Collections . . . .sharing our Desires . . .
it is what friends do. Tim and Chris - both this week reminded me that friends look out for friends.


**BAG $720 212 343 7444 ( I m putting this here because someone will ask me for the website and I don't have it - but the phone number is / and you can get the website - its a nice bag / trust me - great gift for yourself or a loved one).

3 comments:

andreendo said...

Hillary
a $750 bag
you will need to find a lawyer
doctor or indian chief
husband
wow that is expensive taste.
andrea

Anonymous said...

dear cave man
in todays world
the female does not
need husband to acccomodate
her expensive taste.
however, when I
decide to 'husband' shop
I won't be looking for
a caveman.
hjh

jedijawa said...

:-)