Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

You Respond - Photos of Favorite BLENKO!

These photos were sent by Staff of ST MARY's HOSPITAL in Huntington, West Virginia. If you have a favorite piece of BLENKO GLASS or a BLENKO GLASS story that you want to share. Email us at THEBLENKOPROJECT@aol.com. hjh






























NOTE: We reverse the right to subsitute a similar or photo of the same item if the photo doesn't download properly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why do blenko people seem to leave those stickers and price tags on their glass?
inquiring minds want to know!
jill

Heart of Glass said...

Jill
perhpas a knowledgable collector will also respond
my answer is - I leave the Blenko label on glass that I don't use - for glass tableware that I use, I store the label.
Price tags have the catalogue # on them so many collectors keep the price tags.
Hope this helps.
Its personal preference.
hjh

Anonymous said...

HILLARY
SAW A POSTER FOR THE
COLLECTORS CLUB CONVENTION
WITH A HOT AIR BALOON
IS THIS SOMETHING THAT BLENKO
IS MAKING?
I DIDNT UNDERSTAND THE REFERENCE
TO THE BALOON AND NO GLASS?
CAN YOU EXPLAIN?
ALSO WHAT ARE THE DATES?
GINA RUCKMAN

Heart of Glass said...

Gina
I have not seen the poster, so can't comment. . .
The Convention is always exciting
plan to come!
I know the BCS people will be meeting in AUGUST check the BLENKO COMPANY website or look back here
I'll get the info.
Hillary