Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Vintage Blenko


In 4th grade I did my first BLENKO PROJECT, it was for the State Social Science Fair. We interviewed Richard Blenko.
My passions were Dance, Drama, Music, my Chemistry Set, going to Blenko for scrap glass and having sleep overs with my friends.
It was a simpler time. While I still love dance, good theater, movies, music, the chemistry set is long gone and forgotten.
IF you have Blenko from the early 90s its definitely increased in value. We'd love to have your photos and stories of your Blenko from the 60s to 90s.
BLENKO GROWS MORE BEAUTIFUL WITH AGE!
Tomorrow Sept 20, we will again celebrate a Blog anniversary.
photo: HJH in 4th grade after Social Science Fair

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilary
You also grow beautiful!
Same beautiful face of innocence
then and now.
Blenko grows more beautiful
perfect ad statement.
Solomon

Unknown said...

That pic of urs is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time. Just popped in to say "Hi" and acknowledge that I do read ur blog from time to time. I must say that it is only through this blog that i've been introduced 2the wonderful world of Blenko.
thanks, h.

Anonymous said...

I have quiet a bit of blenko from
the 80 and 90s
and some 70s
the wayne husted
joe myers stuff
want to see photos?
Rita Miller

Heart of Glass said...

Rita
We'd love to see your Vintage Blenko please send photos.
Theblenkoproject@aol.com
Thanks
If there is a story re: the purchases please share with us.
hjh

Anonymous said...

Blenko. Blenko. Bennett I have Tony
Bennet tickets and season tickets for Clay Center. If U wanna C
any of the Shows Let Me Know I
have 4 seats.
Solomon

Anonymous said...

So you have liked Blenko for a
very long time.
How did you first learn
about Blenko Hillary?
Margie H.
Was it a class trip?

andreendo said...

blenko isn't the only thing
growing more beauitiful with age.

Heart of Glass said...

ANSWERS:
I've never been lucky enough to go on a class trip to BLENKO - started going very early with my Dad. IF you have children take them and stay for a long time as long as they maintain an interest, explain or ask someone to explain the process - - - Our children need to learn about glass making and value w.va. heritage.
hjh
Yes...send any photos or other info..
hjh

Unknown said...

Hi Hillary,
Thats really a cute pic of yours.
pls share pics of vintage blenko and yours dancing / drama pics from school days too

Share pics of your Blenko collections that you donated if possible

Ram

Heart of Glass said...

Ram
I donated the WV Birthday Collection - photos of the collection are on www.blenkoproject.org (under WV BIrthday) or on Blenko Collectors Four - WV Birthday. WVU will also publish photos sometime later and I'll post them.
Perhpas next year - I'll do anotehr vintage - HJH - but not before I'm camera shy.

Unknown said...

Hi Hillary,
The pics of B'day pieces are really beautiful. No wonder why B'day pieces are so much sought and prized high. They have such a beautiful classical look.

I bet one day people will bid for these Blenko memorabilia I should get one the oldest I might attract luck and money with it :) hehe

Hard Silica Glass which is the purest form and is colorless (correct me if am quoting right characteristic of glass it's been long since I read chemistry in my school) can be shaped and colored beautifully when molten.

You too have turned out elegantly beautiful like your chidhood pic.
I wonder why are you camera shy.

Ram
P.S: I am sorry appreciating your beauty here in public blog space