Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

YOUR QUESTION - Value of Glass


The question: Should I pay more a signed piece of Blenko?
Response: Signed glass or glass signed by the artist or the CEO/ President of the Company is more valuable. Few items are signed.
Often times only glass of high quality is considered for signature.
Readers, do you have comments, would you pay more for signed pieces? Why or Why not.
Photo of William H Blenko CEO of Blenko Glass Co. Milton, WV signing Blenko Glass.
Note: BLENKO GLASS Visitors Center - Milton has a table of SIGNED GLASS. Signed Glass is currently and most always available for purchase at BLENKO GLASS in Milton. It is more costly but makes for an impressive gift. I use my Blenko daily for drinks, serving, etc- these items I wouldn't want signed as they are washed so often. Blenko Glass - Visit the Factory and Visitors Shop there are items available from $5 to $250+ you are certain to find something you'll LOVE!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saw Bill Blenko at the Dog Trax
last month, he is an extremely handsome gentleman.
More photos of Bill Blenko for
me and my friends.
Margie

Anonymous said...

Is that a millenium vase? Is this an old photo?
J.B.

Heart of Glass said...

My ability to identify Blenko is limited.
It does look very much like a ruby millenium -
Joining the BCS is a great way to meet fellow collectors and learn about Blenko. Check out their website for additional Blenko information.
hjh
Can anyone help JB with the identification?

Anonymous said...

Hilary
2 complaints
#1 all my comments are not published
#2 no one responds to my comments
Solomon

Heart of Glass said...

Solomon
FYI
#1 I never post your comments
as they don't relate to Blenko.
Occassionally you slip thru my
helpers radar.
#2 Re: response see above.
HJH
we do respond to all Blenko
?s