Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, August 29, 2008

Festival of Glass Photos!

Larry labeled the photos: KEITH Mof Blenko, Dead Mold, Kristin and Hillary, Color Chart, RUBY!







These photos are from Larry of Texas - You've heard me often say if you buy Vintage BLENKO from a Blenko Society member you will be certain the item is
Blenko and you'll get a lesson on the item. Later we hope to get photos of Larry's Shop and do a post about the shop. Barry and Terri who own Blenko Gallery another fine shop for vintage Blenko were also at the Festival of Glass. Locally, I like Purple Moon in Charleston for vintage Blenko.
Hillary; A few more photos from the Blenko Celebration. Texas. Larry the TX photographer learns to Blow Glass. Free form tall vase by Larry the TX photographer. Hillary being watched by Blenko employee Tristin. Blenko employee Randy Rider assists Blenko Collector with blown vase, Photo of Color samples in Antique Dept. Keith M preparing to blow a water bottle. A new never used Blenko Mould and a burned out cracked mould. The website for my store is www.serenityantiques.com. Will send pics of shop when I get back to TX. Thank for all of your work. Larry

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HILLY
I sent card to the swarthmore address.
Sol

Anonymous said...

Oh my God
A beginner blew that Ruby Vase?
Damn I want to do that.
Mountain Rita

Anonymous said...

I wanted to meet Christy of Blkenko who helps us on the Blog.
They told me she was not there.
Is she Okay?
Please say thank you to her for giving us that information and foranswering our questions. Wanted to say this face to face.
Lucille Parsley

WV Janis said...

BLENKO QUESTION

What is the simplest, most affordable way to obtain reprints of Blenko catalogs? Are they available online? For me, identifying a piece of old Blekno is very hit and miss.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

West Virginia Janis

WV Janis said...

Texas Longhorn BLENKO

How hard is the Texas longhorn piece to come by? I saw one in an antique store and passed it up because it is a difficult piece to display. Does anybody know how many were made and what years?

If anyone has any suggestions on a way I can become self sufficient and answer these questions for myself, I'd appreciate hearing.

WV Janis

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mountain Rita the ruby vase shown in the photo is a prize take home piece I found in hiding at the factory. I must have forgotten to send HJH a photo of the amateur piece and the live mould to go with the dead mould. Also enclosed a few shots of Blenko at my shop. Larry from TX Serenity 'Glass with Class'

mismgr said...

westvirginiajanis; I have several of the steer heads in my shop in Texas.
Topaz color frosted (very close to UT Orange) $150.00, Blue/Topaz not frosted $95.00, Blue/Topaz frosted $130.00, vineyard/topaz frosted $130.00 I can be contacted at: larry@serenityantiques.com or 214 724 5081. can send photos if needed
Larry from texas

mismgr said...

westvirginiajanis; I have several of the steer heads in my shop in Texas.
Topaz color frosted (very close to UT Orange) $150.00, Blue/Topaz not frosted $95.00, Blue/Topaz frosted $130.00, vineyard/topaz frosted $130.00 I can be contacted at: larry@serenityantiques.com or 214 724 5081. can send photos if needed
Larry from texas