Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

FESTIVAL Of GLASS - Vase


I received an email saying there are a 'few' of these at BLENKO. IF you haven't bought a Festival Of Glass Vase, do so now.
Order on line - or better yet - PHONE 304 743 9081 ask Diane or Rodney to ship your vase.
This is the first in a new series. You'll want to start NOW - the price on the secondary market increases rapidly.
Had an email last week saying #6, &*9 of the WVa Birthday COLLECTION had been offered for sale and the price was double the original price.
Its much better to stand in line, you have wonderful photos, great memories and an attachment to the vase.
My family has collected the Birthday Series for over 25 years. Each year you'll find them standing in line - meeting up with old friends who also come yearly.
I imagine the Festival of Glass will soon have such a following - Its a beautiful item! hjh
Note:#1 Bayliss Design Team is creating totally new designs you must check out the Visitors Center weekly.
Note: If you hear they are sold out of Festival of Glass Vase- let us know.

8 comments:

DrAnnu said...

As love becomes more and more unconditional, it begins to be experienced as inner Joy."



David Hawkins
Hillary my bf sent this in a card, thought I would share with 'our group of devotee' and also my wish for you that you find such a love.

Anonymous said...

saltonannu
I am a bit familar with David Hawkins had not read this quote.
If you aren't familiar with Hawkins take the time to discover more about him. Unconventional wisdom.
Sol

Anonymous said...

Hello again Hillary,

I'm glad to hear Blenko is still open and that friends and fans of Blenko are showing their support. It is sad that so many of the companies have closed, as I always believed the glass factories were one of West Virginia's treasures.
I used to pass by Milton when traveling back to Spencer for visits, but since moving eleven years ago, no longer take that route. Your website and the blog have inspired me to get on-line and shop for Blenko glass.
Thanks for responding to my original email and for your website.
Mary Ann Nester
P.S. Glad to hear WVU won the first game - go Mountaineers

Anonymous said...

Has anyone heard from Ram, Revi, and Roxie?
Just wondering.
Margie Hale

WV Janis said...

Mary Ann Nester:

It has been said that there have been over 500 glass factories in WV. Blenko is one of the few that has survived. We need to support it and give them our feedback to help them understand our wants and what would be maximally marketable.

Happy Labor Day. I hope the Blenko workers are not laboring!

WV Janis

Heart of Glass said...

Margie,
I saw Roxie at the dental school yesterday, she is well.
Ravi and Ram, I don't hear from, but I am certain they are also having fun. Your note is posted, when they view, perhaps they'll comment.
HJH
ps my parents are still talking about your visit to their garden, that you were driving at age 83 from Conn to WV impressed them.

Heart of Glass said...

Saltonannu.
Thank you. I like Sol am familar with the writings of David Hawkins.
Your BF is definitely a 'keeper.'
Thanks for sharing the sentiment.
Inner joy and unconditonal love lofty aspiration.
hjh

Heart of Glass said...

Saltonannu.
Thank you. I like Sol am familar with the writings of David Hawkins.
Your BF is definitely a 'keeper.'
Thanks for sharing the sentiment.
Inner joy and unconditonal love lofty aspiration.
hjh