Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Festival Of Glass!

Its happening now!
Friday and Saturday www.blenkoglass.com for schedule.
One thing NOT listed is the Garden Tour at 506 Swarthmore Avenue in Charleston. Its my understanding there were over 40 people last evening who saw the garden, koi, and glass. 26 were from Lincolin Putnam and Cabell Counties, one Ohio resident. Margie Hale, and Susan from the blog both older
ladies came with friends. We appreciate this.
The garden tour is OPEN TONIGHT FROM 6-8 (ok to come early) last evening they said the last people left a bit after 9pm. Its a self guided tour BUT it gets dark around 8:30. Plan to go early.
Tomorrow you'll want to get up early - really early - to get in LINE for the purchase of THE CELEBRATION VASE! Designed by Bayless Design Team.
This Saturday, I hope to set up some interviews with the Bayless Team so look forward to learning more about this Design Team.
hjh
Note: NO PHOTOS Blogger isn't co operating - couldn't get a post to upload for 2 days.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

susan said...
Hilary
Got confused about the blenko garden tour and went by there today.
You didn't say it was your parents home. Your Mom is so very nice.
I was obviously 4 hours early and the TV NEWS people were there but she offered me Lemonade and showed me around.
If you are reading this and you hadn't planned to attend - GO
and Hilary you should write about this more in depth and do photos.
I'll send you the ones I took.
Glass is beautiful for some reason I thought it would be garish but its very tasteful and damn beautiful.

11:46 AM, August 21, 2008

Anonymous said...

Haven't commented in a while.
Wonderful job.
Will you be at the Weston Glass Festival in late Sept?
Corning is doing a special
American Glass event, I am emailing the Blenko Project the materials. Consider the contact info.
My contact at the Foundation said you didn't return call. Do this they'll help you with the corp papers.

Dr.BOB said...

Think I just push the wrong key.
I will email the info
your job is to open the email
and respond.

Dr.BOB said...

Put me on list of people who want photos from the events.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info about the 5,000 pieces of Blenko glass in the garden. We live too far away to be able to visit (live in the eastern panhandle), but wanted to know if anyone had pictures of this garden. If so, we would love to see them! They could email them to us at this email address.

Thanks so much.

Judy Aversa

Anonymous said...

Hilary
Have you heard from Mr Ram or
Mountain Rita?
Margie Hale

sweetdoc said...

Well my staff and I just left your home Ms Hilary.
The dogs, the glass, the company was excellent.
The FISH alive and in glass, animals everywhere - all glass. I like Dave Osburn Cats.
Thank you and your family, I know now I must have more Blenko
and Blenko brick for my yard.
Perhaps I'll ask for a ton of em for Christmas.

sweetdoc said...

Another question.Do you know why there was announcement of this? I checked the Blenko website today as I wasn't certain of the dates, and no mention.
One of my Staff members was certain she 'remembered' the house #, she didn't but we found it.
We don't plan to purchase the Celebration Vase so we won't be going on Saturday, your family said you might be there?

sweetdoc said...

Another question.Do you know why there was announcement of this? I checked the Blenko website today as I wasn't certain of the dates, and no mention.
One of my Staff members was certain she 'remembered' the house #, she didn't but we found it.
We don't plan to purchase the Celebration Vase so we won't be going on Saturday, your family said you might be there?

Unknown said...

Hi Margie,

you are so nice & caring you have touched my heart..
I am sorry I was not active and not responding in time..

do upload your pics from Glass festival..
Ram

Unknown said...

August 23 !!!

Happy Birthday Hillary from all us from the Blog

do upload your birthday pics

Ram

DrAnnu said...

If you take pictures, add me to the list of people who want to view and post a link. Better yet add them to the blog.

Anonymous said...

Hilly
Did IronchefTVDinner get all the Celebration Vases and low numbers as he needed?
Did you go? My Mom did not, and since you weren't going to be there I did Vegas instead.
My secretary was going, I'll get report from her.
Sol

Heart of Glass said...

Sweetdoc Susan,
This was a Festival planned and implemented in a short time.
We have 91 people w/o Blenko Ad so we did OK, and next year we'll be even better prepared. This was a GREAT FESTIVAL planned and implemented in a short period of time. It was SUCCESSFUL and we all should be VERY GRATEFUL to the BLENKO EMPLOYEES and Karin Alonzo the President of Blenko Collectors for their long hard work to make the event 1) happen 2) be complete and have activities for EVERYONE.
Thank you always for supporting BLENKO for reading the BLOG and for BUYING NEW BLENKO - remember at the Heart of Glass - we believe in AGING your own BLENKO!