Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Blenko Glass 600D


Each time I post a photo of the Specht Family's vintage Blenko - my mail box receives a dozen plus emails commenting on the composition and quality of the photos, or else comments asking Blenko to reproduce these items.

Thank you Specht Family for continuing to send photos, we appreciate your willingness to share your collection and help to inform the new collectors. hjh



Hi Hillary,

These are a trio of Blenko 600D decanters from the predesigner period. I have picked these up over the years. Hope that you enjoy. Emerald Green, Amethyst and Seafoam. As you can tell from the other pictures that I have sent today that I really do enjoy the vintage Blenko

.Bruce Specht

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pictures and very pretty. Are there Blenko glasses to match? Saturday is the best day of the Labor day weekend. WVU, plays football, game starts at 12 noon. Will be at home with Rog, sitting in front of the 64" Big Screen, feeling like I am at the game. I even do cheers if I have too. I just pray that they are ready to just play winning football.Wonder if they will show the Blenko WV window? Just a thought to the person collecting catalogues, WVU, has an article about someone donating some of their collection, still might be some copies around. Good WVa. history. Wonder how many Blenko pieces the collge owns, counting the sports trophies. Must tell all that today is one of those most beautiful great weather days when you can open the windows and let the fresh air inside, while waiting for the shade to go over the mountain, so that you can go outside to do yard and garden work. Just one of those days you would love to last forever. The most perfect of days.This time of year is a reminder to me that fall is near, my birthday falls alot on the first day of Fall. I also know that hunting season is just around the corner. Spotted my first buck with velet on his six horns, back in August. Now that was a blessing to see. It was as good as seeing a 250 to 300lb. black bear walk around the high wall right by 64,or being at Hillary's Moms house and seeing them walk down the hard road. The dogs have a exciting life.They still like the mailman best.Well got to let Jake, my punkie puppy in. He'll be sitting up at the door begging, looking like he should be a piece of Blenko.Good thoughts to all, Roxie