Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Blenko #5815 - Paper Fold Card

These photos come with a warning - It is very DIFFICULT to reproduce Diane's beautiful cards. These cards will be sold at the Blenko Glass Visitors Center.
We own 2 cards - they are triple matted and hang in the dining room of our Columbus home. hjh






Hillary,

I will freely admit that curiosity got the better of me here. I wondered how a different Blenko design might look as an iris fold project. The #5815 is a tall skinny silhuette. I used a rectangle temple for the design, tweaking it til it was the same size as the original cut out. A rectange calls for four patterns of paper, the one I only used three. . . . . . .

.. . . . . . . . Diane

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL
I LIKE THIS BETTER THAN THE WATER BOTTLE.
MOUNTAIN RITA

Anonymous said...

MY COMMENT AIN'T SHOWIN FOR MORE THAN A MONTH.
WHY
MOUNTAIN RITA

buckndi said...

Thanks for the compliments. I'm not completely happy with this one - I need to figure out how to create a layout template specifically for this shape. I think the sample of the Winslow Anderson #920L came out better, but it's still "off" somehow. When I'm happy with it, I'll send Hillary another sample.

Diane

Anonymous said...

One more time let me say these are beautiful. I hope Blenko will sell online.
Getting to the VC isn't a weekly event sometimes not even a yearly event for most all.

Phani said...

Diane,

This is just beautiful. B and I could use some of these in future. Are you going to market them? Are they for sale? If so, please provide more info.

Dr.BOB said...

Diane I look forward to purchasing this art at the VC gift shop
(by phone).

Rizwan said...

Great to see your card i am so much happy to see all this its really nice efforts your card is looks to much cool thanks for sharing.

plastic card printing