Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, May 17, 2010

What I love determines how I love - George Eliot


I'm a George Eliot fan - always have been -my favorite Eliot quote is "what I love determines how I love"


George Eliot in her novel 'The Mill on the Floss' wrote about belonging and the different ways groups or families have of 'doing things.'


In my family cherishing handcrafted items, was just something we did. From Tiffany's Finish flatware to the more common WV Glass we're always enjoyed knowing items were handcrafted and we valued the skill of the craftsman.


This is true of most Blenko Glass Collectors - as I'm meeting more Morgan Glass and Viking Glass and Fiesta Collectors - I realize a love of the handcrafted binds us. Instantly we are friends.


Teaching your children, or allowing them to observe you being proud of your State, your family, your Country can bring a big emotional return.

Arrange an end of school year trip for your child or grandchild's class, why not visit BLENKO GLASS http://www.blenkoglass.com/ phone 304 743 9081 to make arrangements for large groups. Teach your children about WV Glass and
other fine products made in WV.
Photo: Blenko Ram Head . This photo was sent by bgraham2007@gmail.com he's looking for this item to complete a set . . . if you own this and want to sell please contact bg.
Photo from Elle B who states: ' this is the most beautiful small glass item i've ever seen.'

4 comments:

Dr.BOB said...

She was a fine poet, and women libbers like to quote her.
Also my wife is her fan.

Dr.BOB said...

I love this photo
Thank you to the sender.
Add me to those desiring to purchase this item.
Any photos of that Birthdaypiece?
Anyone with B-Day vases to sell?

Anonymous said...

Next question
I will assume you regularly speak with Blenko. In the next conversation
please ask for photos of new items.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever consider the ministry Hilary?
Some days I feel as if my priest is speaking about Blenko.