Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Water Bottle Cards CURRENTLY ON SALE AT BLENKO

Above is a photo of the first shipment of water - bottle inspired cards, these are hand made cards. There are seven (each a different color) cards, each with a mailing envelope and enclosed in a protective plastic envelope.

Readers: I have 2 of these cards triple matted and hanging in my living room they are works of art! A must have for a Blenko Collector.
I don't have news from Blenko re: price. I would recommend you phone Blenko to inquire about price and availability.
This may be a limited opportunity. Its one I recommend you take. Use them as cards for special occassions - or use the cards as art!
The creator is Diane Weber a collector of glass and a paper artist.

19 comments:

Phani said...

These are Just Beautiful!

buckndi said...

They are $15 per card in the Visitor Center. I will also be listing them in my Etsy shop - I will send Hillary the link when I have cards available.

Diane

susan said...

I could not agree more phani.
Blenko should promote Diane and these one of a kind cards.
Bruce this charcoal is lovely and the charcoal cat from Husted lineis lovely however the new Birthday charcoal is a bit flat to my untrained eyes.
Also I find the design bland.
Last year I like the vase, but thought the stopper didn't fit, it wasn't a good fit ( need a rubber band to stay put) didn't artistically blend with the vase again I m not an artist.
The #1 and #2 Bayliss Birthday vases I liked. Perhaps they should turn Bayliss loose, when I visit his website the designs are free and flowing and artistic.
Just a thought.

Phani said...

I got one of Each Color. B, we should use them for special occassions to invite special people.

Anonymous said...

I TRIED TO ORDER AND THEY DIDNT KNOW WHAT I WAS TALKIN ABOUT PHANE WHO DID YOU SPEAK TO?
MOUNTAIN RITA

buckndi said...

There were only seven cards in the initial order, as samples to see if they would sell. Blenko will be making a determination on how many and in what colors they wanted a subsequent order. I can only make between 8 and 10 in a day - they are handmade, remember - before my hands give out and refuse to hold the X-Acto knife. I will let Hillary know when I get an order for more.

Diane

Phani said...

Mountain Rita,

Ask for Marilyn at the visitor center and ask her about Diane Weber's Card design. They have 7 types and I ordered 1 of each.

Phani said...

Once someone said, or I may have overheard: An small imperfection on a perfect piece makes it priceless

Phani said...

Wow....You mean I bought the First ever Diane's made "Blenko Water Bottle Cards"????....How lucky are B and I....

buckndi said...

It looks like Phani got the entire set of seven that I made as samples. Good job Phani! I will let Hillary know when Blenko orders more.

Diane

Anonymous said...

With Waterford Crystal they say : " the flaws are a breath of Ireland"
This explains bubbles

Anonymous said...

PHANI WHEN YOU GET THE CARDS LET ME KNOW I THINK BLENKO JUST DOESNT HAVE THE CARDS MOUNTAIN RITA

Dr.BOB said...

My wife also phoned w/o success.

Phani said...

I am sorry, I shouldnt have done that. I didnt realize the cards were not stocked, thought there would be atleast 5-10 of each.

Anonymous said...

DONT BE SORRY PHANE BE HAPPY YOU HAVE THE 1ST EDITION OF DIANE WEBBER CARDS.
LUCKY YOU
MOUNTAIN RITA
ANYONE WANT TO GET AN EXTRA BIRTHDAY VASE AND SELL IT TO ME? ID RATHER PAY AN EXTRA 100 THAN STAND IN THE LINE. LET ME KNOW.

Anonymous said...

Phani
You should be very sorry!
Those cards belonged to me
only you were quicker to dial.

Phani said...

The cards arrived yesterday and they are beautiful. B will be very excited to see these. Great design/art work Diane.

Anonymous said...

I called today the Lady acted like I was stupid she had no idea what I was talking about.

buckndi said...

I am so glad you like them! I have a long weekend in front of me and plan to make more. I will let Hillary know when they get to Blenko or my Etsy shop.

Diane