Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blenko In The House and The Senate


Blog reader Roxie wrote to suggest we elect Blenko Collectors to The House and Senate - then pass bills that support local factories and local craftsmen. I'm all for this! She also send the following:


'A house is who you are, not who you ought to be.' Jill Robinson


' An honest home that rings true to the lives of the people who occupy it will always be disarmingly refreshing to visitors' Blog reader Roxie sent this quote.
I've been searching for a home to purchase - for more than 4 months. It seems no home is perfect, and then when the home is sold before I decide to rule it out - I mourn the loss!
Frustrating. I thought the purchase of my first home would be exciting, and joyful instead
it seems to be time consuming and filled with pits.
My needs are simple - 2 bedrooms - 2 bathrooms - flat lot for growing vegetables and flowers, room for a garage if one doesn't exist.
Today after receiving the quote and passage from Roxie, I decided not to spend time on the Internet searching but instead to spend time with Ms B and perhaps organize my glass for the move back to West Virginia. The house I need, I'm certain will find me - and I will look upon this home with eyes of Love.

Suggestions for packing Blenko to move? In the move to Columbus I lost 4 very precious pieces of Blenko. Your suggestions or personal experiences are welcome.
HJH
Photo: Hearts made by Osburn Modern Glass / Milton, WV

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I own these hearts and they were made by Dave Osburn not Blenko Glass.
Osburn Glass in Milton.
Dave is a former foreman and chief glass blower for Blenko FYI

Phani said...

What is festival of glass and when is it?

Anonymous said...

I'm on my four home in 7 years.
First one was a fixer upper and I was 24 - about your age..
Trust me its a good investment.

Anonymous said...

When you seek to achieve oneness physically, it is called sex. When you seek to achieve oneness mentally, it's ambition. When you seek to achieve oneness emotionally, it's called bhakti. When you seek oneness in consciousness, it's yoga.

-Sadhguru
Think before you hit the send button fellow Blenko Collectors.

Phani said...

Hillary,

Buy a paper shredder and a get a load of phone books. This should definitely help.

Anonymous said...

HIRE A PROFESSIONAL MOVER AND GET LOADS OF INSURANCE.
I DID THIS WITH MY MOVE 3 YEARS AGO COSTLY BUT WELL WORTH THE $$$.
MOUNTAIN RITA

Anonymous said...

I MISS ROXIE AND HER BABY UPDATES ON LIFE IN CABIN HOLLOW.

Anonymous said...

re read this
and why on earth did you take your glass to OSU?

Dr.BOB said...

Any idea why Blenko discontinued the hearts with words?