Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Blenko Glass - Husted's 5612


From the collection of Bruce Spect and Family.
Husted's 5612's in Lime, Amethyst, and Tangerine.

2 comments:

Phani said...

Bruce,

Do you have all the collection in a single photograph and a list of all items with description? I would love to get hands on it. Sometime this year or next, B and I would like to visit your mini-Museum.

Anonymous said...

Phani,
I do not have a single photograph that captures all my collection. It now numbers into the upper 800's. I know several other Texans who have larger and nicer collections than mine but I am trying to catalog as much as I can. Most of what I consider to be my nicer pieces I did extensive documentation on for the show at the Kemp. Surprisingly, I have yet to retake photographs of most of those for the blog. Something I would like to do later this summer. Most of the photos I share with the blog are part of my effort to better document what is currently out on display here. I also believe that it is more enjoyable for other collectors when I organize groupings into categories or by designer since the size of our families collection can be visually overwhelming. Would love to have a visit when you are down this way.
Bruce Specht