Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

BLENKO BLENKO BLENKO - Can we help this reader?




I HAVE INHERITED A LARGE COLLECTION OF VINTAGE GLASS, MOSTLY BLENKO I BELIEVE BUT HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT A LAMP AND HOPE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS OR POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I DO NOT HAVE SPACE FOR THIS COLLECTION AND PLAN ON LISTING THESE ITEMS ON EBAY. I BELIEVE THE PHOTO OF THE LAMP I HAVE ATTACHED IS BLENKO BUT AM WONDERING IF THE SHADE IS ORIGINAL TO THE LAMP. I DO KNOW THAT THE INNER SHADE IS A REPLACEMENT BUT AM NOT SURE IF THE LAMP ALWAYS HAD THE INNER SHADE (I INHERITED THE LAMP AND WAS TOLD THE INNER SHADE WAS A REPLACEMENT). ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE HELPFUL.
THANKS,
D. S.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I own this lamp and my shade is made of something that resembles burlap and I was told it was
made also at Blenko.
Margie Hale

lewisphddvm said...

Hilary
My comments do not show, reading the post it seems like a chronic problem.
Help.

Anonymous said...

yea they had a shade maker it was a cool machine to watch work. it did look like burlap.

Dr.BOB said...

This is a replacement shade.

WV Janis said...

That lamp shade is just about as groovy as the lamp itself! I've only seen the burlap ones before!

WV Janis

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are keep this shade its not original but it is very appropriate.
Ellen