Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dreisbach / BLenko Vintage Item for Sale

A Blog Reader sent the following note and photos! If you have an interent in her PUMPKIN MAN comment with your email or else email theblenkoproject@aol.com
Hello Hillary - This is a rare piece - done in 1971 (see signature at bottom of piece). I also know its provenance. It was done in honor of the "Pumpkin Man" - a gentleman in Ravenna, Ohio who grew enormous pumpkins. I want $1,000 for it (cheap for an early and rare Dreisbach). This piece is 10 inches tall and in pristine condition.My best - Laurie






A Blog Reader sent the following photos and note about a vintage piece she wants to sell. hjh









Hello Hillary - This is a rare piece - done in 1971 (see signature at bottom of piece). I also know its provenance. It was done in honor of the "Pumpkin Man" - a gentleman in Ravenna, Ohio who grew enormous pumpkins. I want $1,000 for it (cheap for an early and rare Dreisbach). This piece is 10 inches tall and in pristine condition.My best - Laurie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to offend, but $250 is my top offer.
Sol

Anonymous said...

Do I have $300?

Anonymous said...

Is this item signed?
What is the overall size?
In the photo it looks like a holiday ornament.
I've seen the large carafes with the horse head signed dreisbach for $1,200.
If its large I might pay this.
Margie Hale

Anonymous said...

Margie honey she states it is 10 inches tall.

bridgett said...

More of these photos and items if you can.
This adds a new dimension to factory glass.
Sol, a $250 bid, worth much more.

Anonymous said...

Hillary, I thought i would pas on some blenko humor that i herd groing up around Blenko workers. Did you know the reason they put rings on the hiball glasses was so that Mr. Blenkos drink wouldent fall out of his hand till he pased out. They did not let harry make the mermades any more because the fell over forward when he made them to heavy in the wright places. The gergle bottle realy got it name when Harry took the sample to Mr Blenko and Wayne they were looking at it next to the window trying to figure what to call it when Harry turned and tiped up a bottle and gurgled down a mouthfull of whisky. Hearing the noise they said hay lets call it a Gergle Bottle. I know your websight is red in Wi, A man put a fish on ebay that looked like Rainbow and said it was a Harry Thompson peace.. Larry T.

Anonymous said...

Thank you to the owner Laurie for sharing this item.
Magnificient and if I had disposable cash, she could have her $l,000 dollars. This is a one of akind vintage glass. Sol, you should buy this.
P J
Laurie after Sol buys send me a commission check.

sweetdoc said...

Are we bidding on this?
I'm 300.
This is an ornament right? 10 inches is quiet small.

andreerods said...

Very bad economy. Hang on to this Laurie and when the economy improves you'll get your asking price.
For now not much is moving .

Anonymous said...

This is Laurie - Responding to all posts - Not an ornament. It stands up and is quite chunky! Sol, you didn't offend...but I'm not foolish either :-))

similar pieces of this size...in gallleries? even in a soft economy...double my asking price.

If you google Fritz' name, there is a website that shows whimsical figures such as this - you can note the similarity in the extremities (hands, feet)

I have a piece on auction at Ebay right now - a very cool unsigned Dreisbach vase - just google his name and you'll see it. 2 pieces of Peter Vanderlaan too!! I love glass...I am just paring back.

Anonymous said...

Laurie If you will send link to your ebay sale, I shall visit
and if you put this on ebay I'll bid but I won't go above $450 and I doubt you will get more today for this.
Mother and Aunties love glass and I buy a lot on the 2nd market.
Sol