Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where to Shop for Vintage BLENKO?

Please send your favorite antique, flea market, website, ebay seller etc. to theblenkoproject@aol.com we'll be doing a column on SAFE SELLER or your favorite Sellers of BLENKO.
My favorite remains the BLENKO GLASS VISITORS CENTER in Milton, W.Va., (304 743 9081), but I know many of you don't live in West Virginia. So sent your favorites to share with other collectors and collector wannabes. Thanks.

6 comments:

DrAnnu said...

Where to shop. My preference is your link to Crane, first I go to the Blenko Museum to window shop.
Today is my bf Jay's birthday, I won't be there & I know he reads so Happy Bday JA.

Dr.BOB said...

My #` place was recently auctiioned off and you glasslady didn't mention this. Shame on you!
Glasshouse in Milton. I stopped before and after going to Blenko.

Anonymous said...

next thing you will ask for is my social security number, I refuse to share my good shops. don't need competition for the glass.

Heart of Glass said...

Dr. Bob
I did know about the Ball's auction and I have some material for a post, but haven't had the time to finish.
Promise I will do this before the holiday.
If you have something you want to add please email theblenkoproject@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Hillary and All,
In response to "Where to shop for vintage Blenko?", I would like to respond: Hurricane, WV!
I am the owner of Kissin Kates on Main St. Hurricane and a member of the BCS. My family began buying Blenko in the 1940's and my store specialty is WV Art glass.
Although we have many out of state clients, somehow our existance seems to have eluded local collectors.
Check us out at www.kissinkatesantiques.com. Many of the pieces pictured are sold, we will be updating our website soon. We have many one of a kind,
artist proofs and signed pieces.
And yes, we did attend the liquidation of Mrs. Ball's estate. We have fond memories of doing business with her and Fred for app. half a century.
Thanks for letting me get the word out! Linda King

Heart of Glass said...

I feel certain my Mom has visited your shop.
Please send your shop information website address
and any photos you want published when I do the post about Favorite shops to theblenkoproject@aol.com
Thank you for writing, people email me weekly to ask where to shop - I'm in Morgantown (170 miles from Milton), I'm a college student with very little money, thus I'm NOT in the Know!
I'm depending on Blog Readers to make suggestions, I'll post the results with websites and photos when available - and keep the results to auto respond future inquiries about Vintage Blenko Shopping!