Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

2nd Annual Festival of Glass

Judging from the emails in my box, the 2nd annual festival of glass was a big success. One report says over 2,000 people during the 2 day event.
All the classes were filled to capacity.
I have photos from three sources and I'll publish all the photos in the Sunday edition of this Blog.
If you have photos or a story about the 2nd annual Blenko Glass Festival of Glass you want to include please email with the word BLENKO in the title to
theblenkoproject@aol.com
Questions, comments etc. are welcome!
Make plans NOW to attend the 3rd annual Festival of Glass in Milton 2010.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring.

Anonymous said...

WE WENT ON FRIDAY AND IT WAS VERY BUSY, I BOUGHT A WHITE VASE MADE BY THE MEN IN A SHOP AND SIGNED BY THE SAME MEN.
I WAS PLEASED. THE YARD AND FENCE AND BACK AREA WERE IN EXCELLENT CONDITON, I MUST SAY IN THE LAST THREE YEARS THE YARDSCAPE HAS IMPROVED GREATLY.
I STOPPED AT FLEATIQUES AND MAXED OUT MY ACCOUNTS. IF YOU HAVEN'T BEEN THERE GO.
WE STAYED IN BARBOURSVILLE AND DROVE UP AND BACK, ON SATURDAY WE DID THE MILTO FLEA MARKET AND RETURNED NORTH.
I SAW NO FESTIVAL OF GLASS VASE PER SE.
INTERESTING TO KNOW IF THIS WAS PROFITABLE FOR BLENKO? THE TV ADS MUST HAVE COST A FORTUNE, VERY NICE EVENT, NEXT YEAR I WILL BRING A GROUP.
MOUNTAIN RITA

Anonymous said...

TV ads are cheaper than print when they are limited in length and times shown.

lewisphddvm said...

Anonymous
Your marketing people must know something my professional staff doesn't.
Successful business owner for over a decade, and we find TV Ads to be very expensive.

Anonymous said...

local ads aren't so bad, especially when you limit them to once or twice a year.

susan said...

On Saturday I met Mr Walter Blenko who signed my glass, the trip was delightfully exciting. He is the nicest, soft spoken gentleman in the USA.
Blenko should have him on TV.
The man has personality coming out of every pore. He is passionate about the plant and I was overhearing him speak to others as I waited my turn, always gentle and thoughtful he was. Carpal Tunnel (wrist from signing) will be in his future if he continues to sign without breaks. Someone needs to look after him.
Hilary do more advertising about him, and also tell us all about him and when he'll again be at Blenko.