Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Questions about Blenko

Hilary
Can you tell me where
1. To buy the blenko inspired quilts I see on the website?
2. Where to buy Blenko art / photos or graphic?
3. Where to buy the Blenko inspired (they are waterbottles and vases) stamps or tiles?
I'll look here for the answer.
Betty Scott

Betty,
The 'Collectors may have some excellent suggestions, check back.
I don't know the source of the Blenko quilts, or the stamps or tiles, we'll wait for others to respond.
About the art work - The folks I would purchase from are: Damon Crain www.vmglasshouse.com , Rick Lee @ www.rickleephoto.com , and Glen Brogan @ www.albinoraven.com (he and Rick Lee are both from West Virginia).
I'm certain there are many others - and perhaps readers will let you know about their favorites.
hjh

5 comments:

buckndi said...

Acme Rubber Stamp Company in Dallas, Texas designed a set of Blenko inspired rubber stamps at the time of the first Blenko Collectors Society Convention, and included some vintage and new designs. They are deeply etched dies, and stamp beautifully. I have used them for embellishing scrapbooks, letters and dominoes. Acme is located at 3102 Commerce St, Dallas TX, 75226, and can be contacted at (214) 748-4707.

Diane

Anonymous said...

I bought my Blenko quilt from a lady in Sissonville, if anyone wants the address
let me know, I no longer have her phone number but I do have the street address.
The cost was $250.
Queen size, of Husted bottles.
Patsy Ruth Varney

sweetdoc said...

Re: A coverlet
Last year when Glasslady wrote about the tiles (pre sentile dementia Hillary?) I ordered them, had the image enlarged
then used it for a template, and had a local senior citizen center group quilt the coverlet featuring Blenko images.
Cost including stamps, zerox, fabric and the ladies was less than
$170.

sweetdoc said...

Glasslady
Do you own quilts? If so will you publish photos?

Anonymous said...

And why do West Virginians go barefoot? When you're in West Virginia
> you're on Holy ground! See...there is a reason that it is call
"Almost
> Heaven, West Virginia!"