Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Searching for Glass Glasses?

Glasslight Studio, Pottstown area610-469-9066www.glasslightstudio.com> Fall is around the corner and we have a schedule for glass workshops! > The workshops cost $160 per person and run 9-5. There are two work> benches and plenty of annealing space. > > Here are the Fall session dates:> > Sept 13 (Sun), 26 (Sat)> > Oct 3 (Sat), 10 (Sat), 18 (Sun), 25 (Sun), 31 (Sat)> > Nov 8 (Sun), 14 (Sat), 21 (Sat - paperweights)> > Dec 6 (Sun), 13 (Sun), 19 (Sat)> I am the registrar for the studio so please let me know if you want to> take a workshop. > Pat Ackerman> packerman@healthpart.com or 215-991-4036> >

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good ad. Classes on making glass. Wish I had these doctor bills paid I would take a class. I like the stain class windows that Hillary's parents made. I also would like to learn or watch how they blow the glass. I also would like to see the permanet mold operation. Have to do a walk thur. Us to work in a brass factory making cores and grinding. and assemblying sprinkler systems. Now that use to be a big thing in WV. I wonder sometimes how many business have my work. Use to put out 2,000 K-frames aday.I know how hot the furances have to be to melt brass and lead. Well good luck on filling your class/glasses. LOL. Roxie

Dr.BOB said...

Anything in WVa or the eastern part of the state - DC Maryland area?
I'd like to give it a try.