Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Blenko Van Vases - A Texas Photo


Hi Hillary,

I wanted to share a picture of the different fan vases/ bowls from our collection. The small ruby bowl is a #3752. The more modern vase is the #872 in Antique Green and the Sky Blue footed bowl is a new addition to the collection. I don't have the model number but it is shown in the Eason Eige Blenko reference book and is probably from the forties. Maybe Tammy can help me out with model number.

Enjoy,

Bruce Specht

4 comments:

Dr.BOB said...

Bruce & Family
Wonderful photo

Anonymous said...

I like the tall green/shaded fan vase. What would it look like with flowers and what kind would you put in a vase like this? It was a most beautiful day and September and fall are just around the corner. A belated birthday wish to you! Had I known I would of called and sang Happy Birthday. That's how I do the kids and grandbabies. So go ahead and laugh with just the thought of me singing. Here is a funny, do they make any singing Blenko? Like the cards you can buy.How about a music box? What Blenko did you get for your birthday? I checked that WV birthday piece out today. Nice, only you need glasses to match. Clear stems and that blue/green color would be pretty. The piece looks lonely all by itself. Was last years birhday piece a fan vase? Have you heard what glass items they have ready for the fall and halloween and Thanks Giving and Christmas. Now is when people like to buy for that time of year.I have to get started early, not a last minute shopper. So how about it Blenko what is ready for these holidays? Do they have fruit and veggies made for the making of a fruit basket? Well got to go, where and how is everyone? Margie, did you all get any of hurricane BILL? Be reading tomorrow, Roxie

sweetdoc said...

Hilary
What is new with Debra Allen,
Steve & Margie and the Hornick from your blenko collectors photo www.blenkoproject.org
These 3 were my faves of the collections shown.
I would like to see more of their glass and to hear what is happening with their collections? New colors, designs, etc.
Up date PLZ

DrAnnu said...

Thank you again, and again, and again Bruce.
Your photos are like chocolates, I always want more.