Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Blenko Craftsmen Design Vases

Here are photos of three vases - designed by the SHOPS of Blenko for the 2nd annual Festival of Glass - the men - the craftsmen working together designed these vases. Each shop was responsible for a design. I have photos of three - Perhaps someone will write to tell us, what shops members designed these vases, and if there are others, perhaps we'll also get photos of those.
I do know the Visitors Center has several remaining - all are signed by the Shop members, the price is less than $70 @ and you can order by phoning 304 743 9081. These would make outstanding Xmas gifts, wedding gifts, or a great additon to a collection of glass. SHOP BLENKO GLASS TODAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red one was created by Randy Rider. I bought this one, almost didn't go as you wrote about the Festival only 2 days prior.
Phone my family from the coast they brought the children, it was a fun time.
Blenko gave free glass disc to everyone, the children were excited. Later I drilled holes in the disc so they might become mobiles in their rooms.

Anonymous said...

Hilary
Are you saying I can this day phone Blenko and these pieces are still available?
I phoned friday and the girl didn't know what I was talking about, when I said Festival Pieces.
Margie Hale

Anonymous said...

I bought a set of petal bowls signed on friday, saw several of the items pictures, so yes these are available.
Mary Ellen