Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, August 08, 2009

Blenko ? Lamp - Can we help to identify?

Readers: AF from Ohio bought these as BLENKO, can we help her identify the year, or if they are in fact Blenko? hjh


Hi, I was wondering if you could help me? I acquired a pair of what I believe to be Blenko Lamps and in my research I was only able to come up with the Rialto Line as a match for color. They are both opaline and light rosy white on the tops and bottoms that is hard to capture in the photo. But there is no ruby accent, and the walnut base is square. Any information that you have would be appreciated. AF

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If AF from Ohio asks the question, then why are these lamps for sell on EBay by an antique dealer in Oregon? Not Blenko!

Anonymous said...

Now I am confused? The article is a letter from a person saying she bought and are they Blenko?
Looks like a Blenko sticker to me.
Are you Anonymous saying they are not Blenko?
Or are you saying they were sold on Ebay by a dealer from Oregon?
SM

sweetdoc said...

Our group is composed of 15 people and 3 sellers of glass.
The seller all agree, these are not Blenko, or to be more precise they have not seen Blenko do a square base or this color.
Did you send this one to the Collectors for comment?

Anonymous said...

Hilary
I have this same set of lamps they are in our family for more than 30 years that I can account for.
Definitely West Virginia made as my parents don't travel. We live in Paint Creek ours have a burlap shade and a harp that moves.
Stacy

Anonymous said...

My parents lamps were the object of desire for a neighbor who is a glass collector so my guess is the lamps are blenko or erickson or fenton.
Stacy