Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Blenko Drinking Glasses and Bar Ware




Hilary,
I broke several Blenko glasses, these are very old. They are bar ware glasses crystal with a circle of ruby.
Can I replace these? Does Blenko still make glasses and what is the cost?
Emily


Emily,
Blenko catalogue states 2 styles of water glasses are currently in production. Photos below. Price is $36 from the catalogue may be less at the Visitors Center in Milton, W.Va.
My parents own a couple dozen of the bar ware glasses you mentioned. Today I wrote to Blenko to ask if they are still being made, and if they have available photos.
Check back for the answer.
HJH

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

E-Bay
these glasses are always on e bay.

Anonymous said...

Made in the 50s?
Mine have 2 rings of color
a tea blue color
I would sell for $20 each.
Mary Ellen

Anonymous said...

How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?- Homer Simpson
Still waiting for the update
on your life Glasslady.
Tom H.

Anonymous said...

Tell the tooth, the whole tooth, and nothin' but the tooth.
Soon very soon!
Plz.

Anonymous said...

Hilary
I saw these they are high ball glasses in the VC Sept 9
$26. Purplish color only.
Margie Hale