Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vacation without Glass ?

Hillary,
Will you be available to speak with my glass club on the subject of Collecting Blenko Glass on Dec 18? If not Dec 18 are you available in Feb?
Kersha
Kersha, I'm printing your letter as I get 4 or 5 of these each month. I'm a full time GRP resident at Ohio State University. Until 6/2010 I am not available. My only scheduled vacation or off time is in late December and I plan to contact The Travel Professor (blogger at Huntington Herald with my budget and the #of days I have off - then he'll tell me where I'm going!) to ask for guidance re: destinations I can afford. I will not be thinking or speaking of glass during this holiday.
Keep reading, keep buying BLENKO GLASS and remember when you buy BLENKO GLASS you are buying Made In the USA! Support your local businesses when possible.
hjh
The link below is for the Travel Professor - if you haven't bookmarked this blog, do so. I read it weekly. He now has me convinced to use local travel agents. hjh
Click here: Blogs @ herald-dispatch.com: The Travel Professor

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glasslady
Why are your convictions about WV
so strong?
Travel agents are travel agents on line or in person and like your broker all they want is to make money.
Sam T.

bridgett said...

Way to go Hillary.
When you return more photos.
I expect to hunt for Blenko in Texas the next couple of years.
So Bruce, Diane et al know there be another set of eys & purse after the local Blenko.

Phani said...

Add my set of eyes with yours....

Anonymous said...

Bridgett Phani Bruce
I'm also in Texas.
Must admit I don't have Bruce's success. Mostly I over pay based on Pina book price for Blenko. Anyone have info on the Texas group Hilary speaks of?
Jen