Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Appalachian Glass Festival - April 22, 23, 24 th Weston, WV

Glass collectors, and people who want to learn more about West Virginia Glass will want to attend this festival.
My parents and I went to the First Appalachian Glass Festival several years ago - we took Shorty Finley and another retired Blenko Glass blower.
We stayed from 10 am until 8pm, the day was filled with games, glass demonstrations - I don't have a schedule for this year, but I'll post one very soon.
Mark your calendars.
If I'm not on call I plan to be there, interviewing older glass workers, eating funnel cake and playing Marble King marble games.
Everyone is WELCOME - There was no cover charge. Bring the children, food is available on site.

4 comments:

DrAnnu said...

Thank you Dr Glass this will make a great long weekend trip a flight for both of us but well worth the trip I'm certain.

Dr.BOB said...

The wife and I are also planning to attend.
Will you be there Doc Glasslady?

Anonymous said...

Dear Author media.herald-dispatch.com !
I consider, that you commit an error. Write to me in PM.

Heart of Glass said...

Anonymous:
Please write theblenkoproject@aol.com we will immediately change anything that is in error.
HJH