Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

More Photos from Bruce

HI HIllary,
Just had the opportunity to shoot a couple of photos that you can share.
The first is a couple of charcoal decanters that includes the one I
just recently found a stopper that would fit. The Tangerine stopper
should in actuality be Crystal but I like the impact it makes in the
#564. Works well with its little brother in crackle.

The second photo is just another chance to show off the Texas
wildflowers. In this case a Maximilian's Sunflower that Kayla
brought in from the bar-ditch. Late summer brings out these large
bloomers and what would look better in a Tangerine 5824-L.

Enjoy
Bruce Specht





9 comments:

Phani said...

Is picture #1 a set? I like selection of color for the decanters and the contrast the stopper brings to the collection. Its very bold. Is there a purpose for this set? esp. for the smaller one?

The Would you like it in your collection B?

Anonymous said...

Phani
You have an eye for beauty. Add my name to list of blog followers who would like to own the Bruce Family's glass.
Long time reader first time commenting.
Fearful Frank

glassbug said...

The vase with flowers could be a cover for Southern Living.

Anonymous said...

Will Blenko be doing a Holiday Sale?
When, and what are the new Holiday items?
My mother and auntie like to buy these things before Turkey Day
then spent the friday decorating.
Sol

Roxie said...

Like the article about Fenton glass. This I know I have more pieces of than Blenko. Most of The fenton that I have is old so would have to look in old books to find. Like the hummingbird by Fenton.It is good that glass blowers stick together. That is alot of what is wrong with the world of today to much competing going on. To much who is the best and who has the more. I am grateful to own what glass that I have. Love pretty glass.I have been busy doing my yard work for this is the time of the year to move bulbs and trees and bushes. Plus collect seeds to plant in the spring. You never know when they will pass a law saying NO more gardens, so I am into saving seeds.Will always have a garden. Be the first to go to jail for having a garden of food and flowers. I also have a orchid that has made a baby, beautiful the way this happened. I just got lucky,most likely just a blessing that the Lord gave me. A new baby orchid. Well got to go, have the last of the peppers to make Italian peppers out of and pumpkins to cook for pies, bread, and pumpkin roll, yummy,yummy. I know that I will miss a good lesson on tea and herbs, all natural healing is a great thing. Wonder how many old wive's tales are used? I find what all natural herbal stuff I have tried works. Thank God. Nothing against some Medical Doctors, only I have had enough of their mess-ups to last me along time. Well got to go, thinking about Joy and Faith. God Bless, take time to say alittle prayer. Roxie

Anonymous said...

Roxie
Did you see the comment by Mountain Reta about herbs? As I was reading I thought of you and your country home. Do you grow and use herbs?
Margie Hale

DrAnnu said...

Bruce Beautiful! Nourishing for the soul! Reminds me of a favorite quote ... Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul. ~John Muir ...

susan said...

Nice very nice.
More lots more photos plz glassdoc

Dr.BOB said...

Happy Autumn Hilary.
Are you enjoying Columbus? My sons both did 3 years at OSU-Med Center.
If one doesn't spend too much time on High St. OSU can be a rewarding experience. Are you enjoying the professional sports?
Are we approaching year #5 for the blog?