Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Blenko Water Bottles


Hilary

You goofed when Carolee wrote about wanting to collect with only $20
why didn't you suggest water bottles?

My grandkids collect these and we buy each and every variation. Usually 2 or 3 new ones each year. Not expensive if bought in Milton or at flea markets
Betty

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read Kisin Kates
comments you may be able to find cheaper Not at Blenko.
Eliz

Anonymous said...

Is there more than one style of water bottle from Blenko?

susan said...

I can answer this:
Water bottles with handles were made but are now difficult to find and expensive. I now own 5. Would like to buy more.
Water bottles with holes or bubbles were made in the 70s for a resturant chain I've been told, haven't found one of these.
Water bottles with spouts on both sides? Mistake or design can be found at VC sometimes - I have 3 of these.
I've heard there have been 62 colors of water bottles - I currently have 31 colors.
An older and wiser collector may be best able to respond to this, no simple answers for anything about Blenko.
They seem not to have records of these things.

Dr.BOB said...

Three cheers to Blenko Glass for providing a link to this blog,
I saw no link to the Blenko Project, glasslady you should immediately write to blenko admin and ask for a link.
You provide links to blenko glass on both sites.
For children, I recommend the Blenko animals and paper weights, not too heavy and not easily broken. Recently we bought Blenko night lamps made of the paper weights as baby birth gift.
We have found providing a story to go with the glass, and a trip to Blenko for the children seals the memory.

Anonymous said...

I find the new website not to my liking. Is it due to my age, do you all like the new Blenko website changes?
Margie Hale