Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Your questions: Where to purchase Blenko lamps..

This photo is for the folks writing to ask about Blenko Lamps - I don't have photos of the lamps available at the Visitors Center in Milton - - - when they arrive I'll publish. I am going to publish lamps available from ebay or local vendors. . . until the Blenko Glass Visitors Center is able to send photos. This one is currently (for 15 more days) available on Ebay. Click here: BLENKO LP 18 LAMP EMERALD GREEN - eBay (item 390103382702
HERE IS A RARE BLENKO LP 18 LAMP IN EMERALD GREEN THAT IS ALL ORIGINAL. HAS ORIGINAL HARP AND FINIAL. EXCELLENT CONDITION NO CHIPS CRACKS OR REPAIRS. HAS A LITTLE ROUGHNESS ON A COUPLE OF SMALL SPOTS ON THE NECK VERY HARD TO SEE BUT YOU CAN FEEL IT. DOES NOT DETRACT. ON NECK MEASURES 35" TO TOP OF FINIAL. GLASS BODY MEASURES APPROX 17" TALL. FINIAL ON BRASS HOLDER IS 7" LONG. WIRING APPEARS ORIGINAL AND WORKS FINE BUT SHOULD BE CHECKED BY YOUR OWN PROFESSIONAL

4 comments:

DrAnnu said...

Why can't you acquire photos of available Blenko from Blenko?

Anonymous said...

Hills
Do you Facebook
or Twitter?
Screen name?
Sol

Tascha said...

Hello -
Was sent this link by a close friend and fellow collector, as she was aware I am in the process of finding a new home for some of my vintage Blenko lamps - designs are Myers', and they have all the original hardware, including finials. eBay is a bit pricey right now, and I will be delighted to sell mine at a bargain to sincere collectors...
Tascha Farris
tascha.farris@yahoo or you can grab me on Facebook

Tascha said...

Hello :)
I am a long-time fan of your site, but only as an observer...a friend and fellow collector, aware that I am currently in search of a new home for a few of my vintage Blenko lamps, encouraged me to speak up and answer this request for locating lamps.
The lamps I have available are Myers' designs, and have the original hardware, including finials. The colors are Tangerine and Olive Green.
I have been fortunate to connect with some great folk around W.V. who offered these lamps to me at an affordable price, a practice I intend to carry forward. I can be contacted through Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/blenkogallery

Thanks, Tfarris