Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Can you help ID this glass?


Hello –

As a NC native I grew up with an awareness and appreciation for Blenko glass. Now, many years later, as an upstate NY antiques dealer I always have an eye out for it.

Last week I bought this floor vase and would love some more info about it. As I start to research it, its looking like it may be more rare than I originally thought.

Sorry I don’t have a better picture of it at this time. The vase measures 26” tall and is in excellent condition with its original Blenko paper label.

Any info or resources you have for me would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Hilary Eklund

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms Eklund,
It appears that this is a Blenko #7727L that was produced by Blenko from 1977-1983. The color is Wheat. These are shown in the Pina book "Blenko 1972-1983 Catalogs" reference book from Schiffer Press.
Enjoy
Bruce Specht

Anonymous said...

another hilary?
be still my heart, 2 hilary's both collecting blenko.
Has anyone heard from Roxie? I miss her daily reports of life in cabin creek WV.
Alex

Anonymous said...

Well thank you Alex. Sometimes I just read and look at the most beautiful pics. Life in Cabin Creek is muddy and the creek is up. The dog wood tree next door is budding will let you know when I see the first bloom. There is a color I like pink. Those hearts are nice. Will have to drive up to The Tamerack and check out all their stuff and report back to you all. Valentines Day. The More Hillary's the better. Bill Clinton also buys Blenko for his Hillary. Just like to know how are of you are doing and have you brought any NEW Blenko for your homes. God Bless and Peace to your homes. Roxie

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I enjoy seeing Hillary's site have lots of people making comments or talking about Blenko glass and not the company itself. Wonderful. Hello Margie Hale, Sol, Phan. I have seen a water bottle with handle. I get to see so much at Hillary's parents house for her DAD collects also. Roxie

Anonymous said...

Roxie
We had the pleasure of living on the same road as Jerry West
who also spoke of Cabin Creek fondly.
You are the only other Cabin Creek resident I've come upon.
Alex

Anonymous said...

Don Shepard designed this piece it was in the bamboo collection.There were three of those in that style an S an M and an L. Don was one of the best designers that Blenko ever had Sadly he passed away in a car wreck a few years ago.

Carl

Anonymous said...

Carl
Make the car accident a decade or two ago.
Sue M

Dr.BOB said...

This was also done in green and clear I have both in three sizes, we gave them to our daughterin law who loves all things asian
she uses them in a sun room
often they will contain flowers or cut grasses
A moce blenko design.
Any new designs inspire anyone?

Dr.BOB said...

Roxie
Just how do you know the Hombergs'

Anonymous said...

We've had some beautiful, I say that loosely, weather here. We had a hore frost that lasted 3 days. There wasn't any direct sunshine to melt it all away. It was simply stunning. The children have been enjoying going sledding and skating. Our neighbors across the road have a pond that they go skating as well as one at our school. The children enjoy winter much more than their mom! But I guess we all need a break. Why did you stop the spring count down?
Suzie

Heart of Glass said...

Suzi
No reason - just lazy, I'll restart the countdown.
HJH

Anonymous said...

UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!