Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Imaginary or Real Friends - The Bronze Look Begins Feb. 6

Looking for a special one of a kind item? Want to have a collection of glass like no other?

May I recommend The Bronze Look in Princeton, WV? Randolph and his team always have something new, daily they are on the phone, planning new and exciting events and glass or collectible shows or special edit on items.

If you remember The Bronze Look is doing the series of 4 bottles by Blenko. This is a limited edition bottom, and sold only at The Bronze Look.

Randolph tells me he has a few of the Autumn Bottle (#1 in this series), if you haven't placed an order, do so today.

Bronze Look also carries, Ron Hinkle (in my dreams I own a Hinkle lamp), Kelsey Murphy and Bronze Look carries a very large and exclusive collection of Fenton Glass!


Bronze Look
(304) 425-5005
311 Mercer St, Princeton, WV
Hilary:

We are having a six week running art show called "Imaginary or Real Friends". Some people refer to cameo glass as magical- fit for a King- and alluring. I think it is desirable art glass to have in any collection king or otherwise. Anyone that collects WV glass should have at least one cameo piece in their collection. The more layers of glass the more expensive. If you remember Pilgrim glass with Kelsey Murphy as the art director, they produced some of the prettiest pieces I have seen to date. Kesley is such a devoted artist to the art of cameo and I don't tnink there exists anyone with anymore skill or creativity. We have seen some really awesome pieces form her and Robert too.

Kelsey and her partner Robert are going to visit us on Feb 6. We are looking forward to the visit witha sneek peek the night before. Kelsey has been busy creating some new original pieces for us and Scott Fenton promised to send us some one-offs of her designs for the event.I am excited about this event as our gallery is finally finished with the wine cellar in the basement and all of the remodeling will be completed by their visit. On the sneek peek we will be having wine and cheese and a kitchen table discussion with Robert and Kelsey. I have a large marble table in the gallery where we sit around and enjoy the pieces with our friends

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Directions to Bronze Look?
Is this by invitation?
Must I wear a flower in my hair to be admitted?

Anonymous said...

Spell check
works only if Blenko blogger works it.

Anonymous said...

Oh No.
You have imaginary friends?
May I become your real friend?
Alex
I collect glass, I ski, I like Blenko, I read 3 newspapers each day, I enjoy American Idol, and I also read the theater section of NY Time.

Anonymous said...

very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
[url=http://amazon.reviewazone.com/]Nancy[/url]

Anonymous said...

Looking back, I suppose we are all your imaginary friends. I have yet to meet you and yet I feel as if you are my friend, the person who daily takes time to post about American Glass. The person who makes me feel as if I'm not hoarding glass but making investments.
Bruce, WVJanis, Margie, Diane are also my imaginary friends. I assume they are all older, wiser, and seeing their photos and comments allows me to speak of my glass with pride.
Glass is not my only interest or hobby it is the new hobby, we belong to a group of 12 under 35 professionals who go one weekend day each month on a pilgramage to search for glass.
Combined our knowledge is less than a 6th grader, we have remarkable fun and usually spend less than $250@ including a great lunch.
Thank you all - heart of glass members - for being my imaginary friends.

Anonymous said...

? ? ? ? Will you monthly update us about The Bronze Look so I don't have to visit multiple websites.
I mapquested Princeton and its 1 3/4 hours from the factory, on our next visit we'll take the rental car north and visit The Bronze Look.

Anonymous said...

Dr.BOB has left a new comment on your post "66 Days Until SPRING!!!":

Winter sports are great, don't wish away the snow.

Publish this comment

Anonymous said...

chitrakahn has left a new comment on your post "www.blenkoproject.org":

Hilary
Me too - I've sent a couple dozen email to which you haven't sent an answer.
I too sent photos in December.

Publish this comment

Anonymous said...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Imaginary or Real Friends - The Bronze Look Beg...":

Directions to Bronze Look?
Is this by invitation?
Must I wear a flower in my hair to be admitted?

Publish this comment.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Imaginary or Real Friends - The Bronze Look Beg...":

Spell check
works only if Blenko blogger works it.

Publish this comment.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Imaginary or Real Friends - The Bronze Look Beg...":

Sign In | | Free Newsletters Finance Resource Center Businesses for Sale B2B Leads What's Your Credit Emergency? Thriving in Tough Times Trade

Anonymous said...

chitrakahn has left a new comment on your post "Imaginary or Real Friends - The Bronze Look Beg...":

Looking back, I suppose we are all your imaginary friends. I have yet to meet you and yet I feel as if you are my friend, the person who daily takes time to post about American Glass. The person who makes me feel as if I'm not hoarding glass but making investments.
Bruce, WVJanis, Margie, Diane are also my imaginary friends. I assume they are all older, wiser, and seeing their photos and comments allows me to speak of my glass with pride.
Glass is not my only interest or hobby it is the new hobby, we belong to a group of 12 under 35 professionals who go one weekend day each month on a pilgramage to search for glass.
Combined our knowledge is less than a 6th grader, we have remarkable fun and usually spend less than $250@ including a great lunch.
Thank you all - heart of glass members - for being my imaginary friends.

Publish this comment.

Anonymous said...

Hilly
Why did Glen Brogan do the illustration of you with glass?
Is this for sale? If so I would like to purchase a copy, unsigned of course.
It is not flattering to you, a most beautiful young woman but an unfattering illustration.
Perhaps another artist?
Sol

DrAnnu said...

Plz do tell us of all events
and post photos.

sweetdoc said...

I missed the first bottle as I found it to be quiet large,
did anyone purchase?
Will #2 be smaller?
Perfume in such a large container would grow stale prior to use.

bridgett said...

No imaginary friends for me, as a child I did have an imaginary friend, who accompanied me to day care.
Blenko.

Anonymous said...

dream up
perceive
conceptualize
fabricate
invent
invent
formulate . . . .yes, I am a long time reader
first time to comment.
I should admit I imagine I know each of you. I see WVJanis as tall, stately and full of energy.
Margie as sweet with white hair and tremendous heart, Roxie as vibrant, youthful but also a caregiver, Sol as very jewish and perhaps metro, Bruce as a professor, Diane as a corporate giant, and Glasslady as beautiful, full of anxiety, a pefectionist, bright, naive and complicated.
So yes you are all my imaginary glass friends.
Brian

Anonymous said...

Are you or are you not going to provide us with a list of events at this place?