Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year - 2010

On this 2ndst day of 2010. I'll repeat the first post to this blog. Little has changed,
. Other than I've grown older, the # of years I've been involved in The Blenko Project is now 6. The Heart of Glass Blog is now a toddler - not changed is Your committment to Blenko Glass, your willingness to purchase high quality, made in the USA glass and our desire to continue learning, while being supportive of other collectors. Thank you for your comments, your photos, your articles and for Buying Blenko and WV GLass. hjh

I Heart Blenko - This was the first post to Heart of Glass - Today we are posting # 1,673.

This blog will focus on the Blenko Glass Company located in Milton, West Virginia. Twice weekly I'll post on Blenko and WV Glass topics, once a month the post will feature an employee or designer from the present or past. Biweekly I'll post photos of individual Blenko made items, and items that are currently available from Blenko. We will offer some background information on the piece and perhaps the steps/ process used to make the item. I am NOT a fine arts major, a glass expert or an English/Journalism major. I don't have all the glass answers. I am inquisitive, don't mind asking people for answers - I believe in lifelong learning. This blog will I hope be a place where we can learn together.If you have been to the Blenko Factory, or are a retired or former glass worker or just have photos of unusual Blenko and / or Blenko stories to share - this is the place - I'd love to see/hear them. For the last 2 years I have spent all my free time traveling to meet former Blenko and other glass workers and designers. I want to learn more about Blenko and W. Va. made glass. . . and I want YOU to THINK before buy glass...who made the glass. The number of glass factories in the US has declined by almost 72% in the last 15 years.Together we can stop this trend. Be an advocate for MADE IN WV.Blenko Glass Factory is located in Milton, W.Va., less than 20 minutes from Huntington, W. Va.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too much information.

sweetdoc said...

Oh, dear me, have I been reading this for 4 years?
No wait Kevin got me started reading this early 2007.
Hilary
you, a hot cup of joe and
a kellog bar start my day each and every day.
Thank you.

DrAnnu said...

Isn't it fun to revisit old
notes, post, letters?

Unknown said...

Hilary
You are too cute for this no drink, no smoke, no date, no everything life.
Loosen up.
So much more to life than glass, Blinko / Blenko glass and teeth.

Dr.BOB said...

Dr Chip (bone) I have been saying this very thing to Hilary for 47 months.

Dr.BOB said...

Toddler
In my life 4 is a pre schooler walking unaided.
Toddler= 2-3