Title

Heart of Glass - Blenko Glass

Blenko Glass is a West Virginia treasure that spans generations. Nothing symbolizes the state of West Virginia better or more beautifully than Blenko Glass. We will discuss current and former craftsmen and designers and how important it is that Blenko and West Virginia glass be appreciated and valued by the younger generation.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Photographing Blenko


HIllary: Here is another photo for the blog.
The vase in front is Blenko. The one in back is a stray. If anyone knows the origin, please let me know. I love blue and green together so this ice-bucket-looking piece came home with us. Red glass is hard to photograph (although not as difficult as purple); so, the blue/green piece was just what the doctor ordered to balance that STRONG red.
WV Janis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I return to look at the photos, the photos leave me wanting to fill the remaining shelves of my den with colorful ruby blenko glass.
My sincere appreciation to you and West Virginia J.

Anonymous said...

awesome color combination

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. You and Hillary's Uncle Barry have alot in common. He collects the ruby red. I have seen the blue/green/yellow before in glasses. For the life of me I cannot remember the name. Saw this in Jefferson County seems some family member had the glasses. Interesting and different. Did anyone get any new Blenko for Christmas? I would like to know what everyone is up too. Roxie

susan said...

Love your photographs!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Janis